Issue in using xinetd service on windows

Fred Kulack kulack@us.ibm.com
Tue Dec 28 15:39:00 GMT 2004

>cygrunsrv -I xinetd -d "Cygwin Xinetd" -p /usr/sbin/xinetd -e
CYGWIN=ntsec
>Above command is installing this service successfully.
>
>To stop this service , I am using
>/etc/rc.d/init.d/xinetd stop
>
>I start the service , I am using
>/etc/rc.d/init.d/xinetd start

I could be wrong, but I believe that if you want to have the status for
the service
show up as started, you should actually start the service instead of just
running
a cygwin program that happens to use the same binary... 8-)

I.e. windows may let you start services from the command line using
something
like net start xinetd

"The stuff we call "software" is not like anything that human society
  is used to thinking about. Software is something like a machine, and
  something like mathematics, and something like language, and
  something like thought, and art, and information...
  but software is not in fact any of those other things."
Bruce Sterling - The Hacker Crackdown

Fred A. Kulack - IBM eServer iSeries - Enterprise Application Solutions
ERP, Java DB2 access, Jdbc, JTA, etc...
IBM in Rochester, MN  (Phone: 507.253.5982   T/L 553-5982)
mailto:kulack/us.ibm.com   Personal: mailto:kulack/gmail.com
AIM Home:FKulack  AIM Work:FKulackWrk
MSN Work: fakulack/hotmail.com (replace email / with @)