Bug: Missing va_end() in cygwin_internal()

Max Bowsher maxb@ukf.net
Thu Dec 30 19:07:00 GMT 2004

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 05:59:02PM -0000, Max Bowsher wrote:
>> There is no va_end() call in cygwin_internal().
>
> Or in functions from:
>
>  bsdlib.cc
>  fork.cc
>  pinfo.cc
>  strace.cc
>
> The lack doesn't seem to be causing much of a problem...

Standards say va_end is required, but may be a noop in some implementations.

I peered at the guts of gcc trying to work out whether that was the case for
cygwin, but got too lost to be sure.

I thought it was worth mentioning, because I think I'm going to need to use
cygwin_internal(CW_GET_BINMODE, ...) a lot, in order to get Subversion's
"native" eol-style feature noticing textmode mounts.

Max.