Binary operator expected???

Larry Hall lh-no-personal-replies-please@cygwin.com
Fri Dec 31 00:58:00 GMT 2004

At 05:58 PM 12/30/2004, you wrote:
>So after about 7 attempts to install cygwin from the web, it finally got all the
>way through and it's really cool. A couple quick questions, how do I know which
>commands are available to me (example, I installed the tetris clone, and have no
>idea how to start it because I cant find the name of the command that starts it)

Probably the easiest thing to do is look it up the package contents at
<http://cygwin.com/packages/>.  That should provide some clues.  Or you
can get the same information from 'zcat'ing the <package name>.lst.gz
file in /etc/setup.

>also, at startup, at the top of the bash shell it says "binary operator
>expected" is that normal, or do I have a problem on my hands? The shell still
>works and did I mention that it's really cool?

Yes, you did mention. ;-)  And that it is.

You'd need to provide some details for this because, no, that's not
normal.  Please read and follow:

<http://cygwin.com/problems.html>

Holliston, MA 01746