Avail for test: cygipc-2.03-1 and cygutils-1.2.4-1

Wed Feb 4 01:53:00 GMT 2004

Dr. Volker Zell wrote:

>     Charles> 2) cygipc header files are now installed in /usr/include/cygipc/sys.
>     Charles> IF (and only if) /usr/include/sys/ipc.h and friends do not exist, then
>     Charles> a postinstall script creates symlinks to the cygipc versions.  This
>     Charles> means if you really want to be sure that you're compiling/linking
>     Charles> against cygipc, you need to add -I/usr/include/cygipc to your compile
>     Charles> command.
>
> The new location of the headers is not reflected in the filelist of
> cygipc-2.03.README. Additionally the man pages are still installed under
> /usr/man instead of /usr/share/man.

Thanks, will fix.

> After installation of cygipc and reinstallation of cygwin there is one
> symbolic link left: /usr/include/sys/ipctrace.h

Right -- I figured this was harmless, because the cygserver IPC
implementation does not provide/require the ipctrace header (AFAIK,
nobody but me has ever actually used it).  The pre-remove script will
remove it even if it's the only cygipc symlink left in /usr/include/sys
(and will NOT damage the [obviously cygserver-supplied] realfile ipc
headers that replaced the original cygipc symlinks)

--
Chuck