setting IP address & mask via CLI

Benjamin Lindner lindner@flll.uni-linz.ac.at
Thu Feb 5 08:06:00 GMT 2004

Victor,

under windows2000 the tool you might use is netsh.exe.
It's a kind of a scripting interface to network parameters

by doing
netsh interface dump

you get the current configuration, which you can alter to your needs
(IP, gateway, DHCP yes/no, DNS, WINS etc)
save the configuration to a file and call

netsh -f <configfile>

which loads the settings in your configuration file.
Under Windows2000 you do not have to reboot for the new settings
to become effective if you have an active network connetction while
calling netsh -f ...
(at least this is my experience)

HTH
benjamin