installing apache causes setup.exe to crash

Brian Dessent brian@dessent.net
Fri Feb 6 16:47:00 GMT 2004

loren jan wilson wrote:

> I've been trying to install apache on a brand new cygwin installation.
> I've done this before on a different machine without problems. Now,
> though, I can't find the package on most mirrors. On some mirrors, it
> shows up in "net" but when I click the button to install it, setup.exe
> crashes.
>
> I assume everybody knows about this already? When will it be fixed?
> Is there a suggested workaround?

Apache was removed from the setup.exe program and mirrors due to a
security flaw with the handling of paths.  It will be made available
again when new packages are ready that fix the vulnerability.  Until
then, you'll have to just wait or build the packages yourself from
source.

Brian