zsh-4.1.1-2 still seems broken under Cygwin-1.5.7-1 .

Morris Siegel mmsiegel@cheetahmail.com
Wed Feb 11 22:48:00 GMT 2004

My PC is running under Windows XP Professional, and until recently with
Cygwin-1.5.5-1 and zsh-4.1.1-1 .  I upgraded to Cygwin-1.5.6-1, installing
everything available, in particular including zsh-4.1.1-2 .  zsh behaved in
a buggy fashion.  I reported it; you kindly replied that similarly problems
had been reported by others, and that Cygwin-1.5.7-1 should fix matters.  I
upgraded to that, and the behavior is improved, but still buggy: (1)
sometimes when I start zsh it hangs, sometimes it starts normally; (2) zsh
command-line editing generally badly messes up the display when long command
lines are being edited.  I seem to recall that problem (2) was a consistent
nuisance a while back, but then some new Cygwin release (I don't remember
which) fixed it.  (I generally run zsh under screen, by the way.)

The only reason I upgraded from Cygwin-1.5.5 was to have the most up-to-date
release; it behaved without problem for me.  Is there any way I can restore
it?

Thanks for your attention and reply.

 -- Morris M. Siegel
  mmsiegel@CheetahMail.com