WML (perl-based program) segfaults

Wolfgang Schnerring wosc@wosc.de
Thu Feb 12 10:00:00 GMT 2004

* Gerrit P. Haase <freeweb@nyckelpiga.de> [2004-02-12 10:24]:
> >> ./configure --with-openworld --enable-debug
> >> runing make ends here:
> >> mp4h: ERROR: failed to initialise modules: unknown error
> > This can be circumvented by specifying --without-modules ... :-/

Forgot to say: The subcomponents (mp4h, eperl, etc.) are pretty much
independent from each other. And as it seems, only eperl broke down...

> > Do you think the possible results warrant the effort of rebuilding
> > perl?
> I have a debugging version of perl online[1]

Now, that's good news. 8-)
I'll try this and see if I catch something.

> however it seems that the problem is with malloc() which was changed
> sometimes back in Cygwin (between 1.3.x and 1.5). There is also an
> option for WML to use dmalloc[2], maybe that helps to track this
> down?

The --with-dmalloc option also only affects mp4h, which doesn't cause
trouble at the moment. Additionally, specifying this breaks the build
for me; so I'd rather not wake any sleeping seamonsters here. %-)

Wolfgang