setlogmask() not limiting log messages?

Ingles, Raymond Raymond.Ingles@compuware.com
Fri Feb 13 19:28:00 GMT 2004

 I've been working on getting a program of mine to run with
cygrunsrv, and I've noticed that setlogmask() doesn't seem
to limit the types of messages that make it into the event
log. This is a problem for me because it ends up logging
some passwords.

 The following message leads me to believe that this is a
known problem for a year and a half or so:

 I'm not much of a Windows developer so I'm loath to touch
the sources without at least some confirmation that I'm not
doing something wrong...

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles                                  (313) 227-2317

 "Windows XP... is the 'most reliable Windows ever'. To me,
  this like saying that asparagus is 'the most articulate
              vegetable ever'." - Dave Barry

and then destroy it.