Path issue after umount -c

Dick Repasky rrepasky@lack.ucs.indiana.edu
Tue Feb 17 22:06:00 GMT 2004

When following two commands are executed in a bash script

umount -c
C:/cygwin/home/me/experiment/bin/umount -A

the second command fails  with the error:

 script.sh: line x: /home/me/experiment/bin/umount: No such file or  directory

if when the script is run the Cygwin mount points are
present in the registry.

If try again (restore mounts), close all cygwin processes and manually
delete all cygwin keys from the registry (actually CURRENT_USER keys don't
matter, LOCAL_MACHINE keys do matter), and run the bash script again, the
pair of commands runs without error.

So, why after the umount is, is C:/cygwin/home/experiment/bin/umount being
abbreviated as /home/experiment/bin/umount?  The same thing happens if I
run umount -A first and then supply a path to umount -c.

Throughout all trials, the entire search path is
PATH=/cygdrive/c/home/me/experiment/bin.

Thanks,

Dick