piping problems with cron+4nt

Mironov, Leonid {PBG} Leonid.Mironov@intl.pepsi.com
Wed Feb 18 09:23:00 GMT 2004

I've got a bunch of legacy 4NT batches I want to run from cygwin cron. When
run from 4NT started from bash these batches work fine but when started from
cron all lines with redirection and piping fail, e.g. when I run

   dir>q

file 'q' is not created,

   dir|sort

starts sort and it sits and waits for keyboard input. Also output from
external programs is lost, e.g. if batch looks like

   echo zzz
   zip zzz *
   echo qqq

and is run as

0	2	*	*	*	4NT.EXE /c
ibackup.btm>>h:\\backup\\bk.log

file h:\backup\bk.log will look like

   zzz
   qqq

zip output is missing, although zip archive is created.

Any ideas?

Win XP SP1, just refreshed cygwin and 4NT to latest bulds whith no effect at
all.

:), Leo