2004-Feb-17 snapshot change ssh option parsing behavior

David Rothenberger daveroth@acm.org
Wed Feb 18 15:11:00 GMT 2004

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Feb 17 16:46, David Rothenberger wrote:
>
>>Robert Collins wrote:
>>
>>>you may find that
>>>ssh somehost -- bin/bash --login -c date
>>>also works.
>>
>>In fact, I did, and mentioned that in my first email.  Unfortunately, I
>>use this with some old Solaris boxes, which require "-login" instead of
>>"--login", and
>>
>>  ssh somehost -- /bin/bash -login -c date
>>
>>does not work, for some reason.
>

> Huh?  It does for me.

I just tried it again and it definitely does not work for me.  The key is
to use "-login" and not "--login".  My cygcheck output is attached to the
initial report if you're interested.  I'm now running the latest CVS, not
the snapshot, though.

Dave