g++ can't find <sys/mman.h>?

Brian Ford ford@vss.fsi.com
Thu Feb 19 15:33:00 GMT 2004

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, chuanyung wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I already download the latest version cygwin. and setup in win2000.
> I use g++ to compile a cpp file with mmap function.
> But it can't find the header file.
> What should I do?

First, please try reading the problem reporting guide lines available
here: http://cygwin.com/problems.html.  Please pay special attention to
the part about attaching the output of cygcheck.  This will allow us to
see the specific configuration details of your system and installation.
Thus, we will be able to help you much faster.

Also, please post the exact g++ compile line and output so we know exactly
what "it can't find the header file" means.

Using the package search facility available here:
http://cygwin.com/packages/ shows mman.h to be part of the main cygwin
package.  As such, it should be present unless you have a botched
installation.

> And how to use make?
> When I type make: it's borland make, not gnu make.
> How to setup?

Hint: It is a problem with you PATH environment variable.  You have the
directory containing Borland make ahead of /usr/bin in your PATH.  See:
http://cygwin.com/faq/faq_toc.html#TOC35 for more details.

HTH

--
Brian Ford