{FAQ, UG} alert? rebase

Larry Hall cygwin-lh@cygwin.com
Mon Feb 23 09:05:00 GMT 2004

At 09:38 PM 2/22/2004, Thomas L Roche you wrote:
>Given recent traffic concerning the goodness of rebase'ing, e.g.
>
>http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-02/msg01097.html
>http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-02/msg00899.html
>
>(but occasional breakage, e.g.
>
>http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-02/msg01100.html
>
>) perhaps some treatment of the topic is FAQ- or UG-worthy?

I think we can categorize the current problem as a bug.  There has been
some good effort to track down the problem, though there's at least
still some discussion that needs to occur before we can say the problem
is resolved.  Given that this is likely a bug, it doesn't make much sense
to document it formally in the FAQ or UG.  If it becomes a limitation
for some reason, then the UG is likely to be the best place for added
documentation, unless the problem actually becomes a FAQ.

Holliston, MA 01746