Path Problems. Can anyone please help?

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Thu Jan 1 00:17:00 GMT 2004

There was no reason to post 3 times with different subjects - that's just
likely to annoy people.

By specifying the paths on the command line you've pretty much eliminated
Cygwin from the equation.  To make absolutely sure it's not a Cygwin
problem, copy the script to "runrei.bat", remove the "for" loop (it's
redundant), prepend "set" to each variable assignment, change $VAR to
%VAR%, change "rm" to "del", and try running that.  If it gives you the
same error, it's not a Cygwin problem, and you should ask on some forum
specific to the application you're trying to run.

FWIW, you should have built the classpath in a normal manner and then used
'export CLASSPATH="`cygpath -wp "$CLASSPATH"`"' to convert it all in one
shot.  Or, alternatively, you could have used the java wrapper scripts I
posted to this list back in January (see
<http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-01/msg00174.html>).  However, I'd hold
off trying either of these approaches until you get your program to work
with the explicitly specified classpath.
	Igor

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu