problems with cygrunsrv and inetd

Larry Hall cygwin-lh@cygwin.com
Sun Jan 11 20:58:00 GMT 2004

Actually, yes.  Installing for "Just me" creates mount points only for the
current user.  All services started by Cygwin are, by default, started as
another user, typically SYSTEM, which won't see the user-specific mount
points.  To run services "right out of the box" with Cygwin, you really
need to install for "All Users".  Looking back now at your report, I guess
there was the hint of this issue in the report and your cygcheck output
clearly shows user mounts.  Sorry I didn't pick up on this and point it out
to you sooner.  The alternative to reinstalling everything would have been
to just remount all your mounts as 'system' rather than 'user' (see 'man
mount') or rerunning setup again without uninstalling and picking "All
users" insteaad.  But you clearly got to where you want to be with your
method.  Good catch on your part!  Glad you got it working.

Larry