rebaseall breaks zsh?

Peter A. Castro doctor@fruitbat.org
Tue Jan 13 20:20:00 GMT 2004

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 22, 2003 at 10:21:28AM -0800, Peter A. Castro wrote:
> >On Mon, 22 Dec 2003, Jason Tishler wrote:
> >
> >> Rafael,
> >>
> >> Sorry for the delay...

> >> Let's wait to see what the zsh maintainer comes up with.
> >
> >I've reproduced the problem under a debugger and it's very interesting.
> >The segfault occurs before main even gets control.  From the looks of it,
> >the cygwin runtime faults trying to resolve some entry point that still
> >points to the old image base address, which is below the rebased image
> >base address (so no wonder it's faulting).  I'm trying to come up with a
> >simple test case, but I'm about to leave for the holidays, so I'll get
> >right back on it after the new year.
>
> Whatever happened here?  I've just noticed this myself so I'm wondering
> if there is a fix (to either zsh or rebase) in the queue.

Sorry for the delay.  I've been on vacation and I'm still getting caught
up at work (being at the tail end of a new release tends to dominate my
time), let along working on anything else.  The last I looked into this
it appeared to be related to an offset which either gcc or the ld is
hiding in some section which isn't being rebased.  Gimme a few more days
to get my head above water and I'll get more details on it.

--
Peter A. Castro <doctor@fruitbat.org> or <Peter.Castro@oracle.com>