MS offers "Services For Unix" free of charge

Andrew DeFaria Andrew@DeFaria.com
Thu Jan 15 05:31:00 GMT 2004

Chris January wrote:

>>> One thing that Cygwin does lack, and SFU has, is an NFS client :-/ I
>>> know that alone will probably entice me into taking a look at SFU.
>>
>> It would be rather interesting to add nfs to cygwin. We could develop
>> filesystem "plug-ins" which could be generalized for stuff like NFS,
>> EXTFS, etc.
>>
>> Didn't someone say they had a free month? Perfect project. :-)
>
> Isn't the SFU NFS client an installable file system, i.e. you can use
> it anywhere in Windows, not just with the SFU stuff?

Last I checked SFU's NFS was just DiskAccess and the POSIX was merely a
30-day trial of MKS. Has that changed (aside from possibly the MKS
portion being a non time bombed trial -> a full copy)?

--
The other day I was playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house
and four people died.