NFS client for Windows NT

Federico Bianchi fbianchi@arte.unipi.it
Thu Jan 15 09:44:00 GMT 2004

In fact - a Windows NT IFS (and it has to run under at least three
different releases, which are subtly different one another when it comes
to FSD). This is why I feel making a true NFS client much harder than it
actually needs to be. I had been tinkering with FIFS for some time, but
making it really usable is certainly not a one man month project.

For those who don't know it, FIFS was a _really_ interesting project by
Danilo Almeida, simulating an SMB/CIFS redirector on the local machine; it
lets file system components be written in user land (and it runs itself in
user mode, too, which makes it somewhat slower than, say, ProxyDK but much
easier to deal with). It mostly worked under NT 4.0, but was never
completed and has some ugly quirks when used on more current systems. One
of the samples was a NFS client, BTW...

Best regards to you all

	 		Federico Bianchi