regtool freezes on XP (Was: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygwin-1.5.6-1)

Rolf Campbell Endlisnis@mailc.net
Mon Jan 19 21:38:00 GMT 2004

When I run this script *not* from another cygwin program (Windows Run
menu as "bash -c scriptname.sh", or from W32 GNU Emacs)
---begin script----
#!/bin/sh
echo -n Getting location...
regtool get '\'
---end script----
I get the expected output:
Getting location...Unknown key prefix.  Valid prefixes are:
	root
	HKCR
	HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT
	config
	HKCC
	HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG
	user
	HKCU
	HKEY_CURRENT_USER
	machine
	HKLM
	HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
	users
	HKU
	HKEY_USERS

BUT, it then freezes (that is sh.exe freezes, after regtool finishes)
(Ctrl+C does nothing, kill -9 does nothing, /bin/kill -f works).  This
worked correctly in 1.5.5, and it still works on my Win2000Pro box, but
not on my XP box.  It does not matter what arguments you pass to regtool
(I just tried it with none and it still froze).  This is a hyperthreaded
machine (if that makes any difference).  I can try it with HT turned off
if you want.