GNU make and VPATH problems

Pete Flugstad peteflugstad@mchsi.com
Thu Jan 22 17:28:00 GMT 2004

Pete Flugstad wrote:
>    So, before I start trying to debug GNU make, has anyone seen anything
> like this?  I'll work on recreating the problem with a simplified setup,
> so I can post an example here, but I'm hoping someones seen this before.

Getting no response, I downloaded the GNU make 3.80-1 sources from:

   http://mirrors.kernel.org/sources.redhat.com/cygwin/release/make/

and do a configure/build with -g.   And it works just fine.  No problem
finding the source files in VPATH.

Just to make sure, I compared my binary /usr/bin/make.exe to the one
from the .tar.bz2 file downloaded from the above URL, and they were
identical.

Seems like maybe an GCC optimization bug somewhere, which my debug build
doesn't trigger?

Pete