Patch suggestion for netcat-1.10.2 (ping Corinna)

Mon Jan 26 14:18:00 GMT 2004

Hi Dave,

On Jan 24 04:28, Dave Korn wrote:
>  I've got a small patch for netcat that gives it two new options (-D/-X) to
> force dos or unix line ends when it's sending to the network.  This comes
> in quite useful for things like HTTP and SMTP servers, since strict ones
> only accept CRLF.  Default is to just behave as it does presently, and the
> entire patch is wrapped in ifdef for good measure.  Dunno if you'll think
> it's a good idea or not, but here it is for your entertainment.  Heh, I
> didn't know whether to do a gnu-style changelog or one in the style of the
> existing changelogs, so I did both.

I think we could try it with your patch.

I have just one problem.  I had to tweak the existing netcat package
only slightly to get cygwin support but I never got a reply from the
upstream maintainer.  So, perhaps we'll never get that upstream :-(

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.