cygwin processes and system'ed processes using 100% CPU

Brian Ford ford@vss.fsi.com
Tue Jan 27 19:30:00 GMT 2004

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Dave Korn wrote:

> > From: cygwin-owner On Behalf Of Brian Ford

Try it, it works.  Notice the above :).

> Brian Ford wrote:
> > http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2003-12/msg00652.html
> >
>   I've read that message a dozen times, and I can't make head or tail of it.
>
>   It seems to be saying that you can post to the list in a special way that
> adds a "Reply-To" header to your post with your own email address in it.
> Alternatively, you can post to the normal address and your post won't get a
> "Reply-To" header added to it.
>
>   ISTM that in case 1), replies will go to the "Reply-To" address, i.e.
> yourself, whereas in case 2), replies will go to the "From" address, i.e.
> yourself.

I just read it again, closely this time, and you are right.  It doesn't
make any sense.

Trust me though, it actually does what you want.  Just subscribe to
cygwin-replyto, and then posts from your address will get a Reply-To
header (for cygwin at cygwin dot com) added automatically.

Yes, your just reading what it said rather than what it meant :).

--
Brian Ford
Senior Realtime Software Engineer