Cygwin nfs-server

Robb, Sam sam.robb@timesys.com
Thu Jan 29 23:44:00 GMT 2004

> When starting the services 'rpc.nfsd -F' or 'rpc.mountd -F'
> The error is
> as follows:
>
> Cannot register service: RPC: Unable to send; errno = Cannot assign
> requested address
> nfsd[3248] 01/29/104 16:09 rpcmisc.c 92 : unable to register
> (nfsd, 2,
> udp).
>
> Cannot register service: RPC: Unable to send; errno = Cannot assign
> requested address
> mountd[2404] 01/29/104 16:11 rpcmisc.c 92 : unable to
> register (mountd,
> 1, udp).
>
> I have seen a couple posts like this in the past and I am
> wondering if
> anyone has any more information.

John,

  I've been doing my best to pay attention to issues like
this, but it's been difficult finding time to try and track
down these problems.  In this particular case, it's also
frustrating in that I can't seem to reproduce the problem.

  If you (or anyone else) experiencing these problems could
take the time to try and identify the root cause, I'd be
very grateful.

-Samrobb