Not reallly OT: searching for mysql++

Gerrit P. Haase freeweb@nyckelpiga.de
Mon Jul 5 14:07:00 GMT 2004

ahnkle wrote:

> when i search the cygwin mailing list archive for for `mysql++' I only
> get `mysql' matches. At the top, it says

>         Search results for 'mysql and'

> Is there a way of escaping the ++?

I cannot help you with this, should be covered in the HtDig docs, and
you may also try Google ('mysql++ cygwin' or 'mysql++ site:cygwin.com').

> While I'm here, any suport for mysql++ recently? The last release has
> cygwin makefiles refersign to b18 release. automake/autoconf/configure
> etc dont work with the 'nix build.

Not from the Cygwin site.  It should be possible to build libmysqlclient
without problems, see the recipe here: http://anfaenger.de/cygwin/mysql/
and add the --without-server to the configure options (or was it
--disable-server, try ./configure --help to figure out?).  Then it
should be possible to build mysql++ too.

Unfortunately the server isn't running with recent Cygwin releases
(once again), but you can use the clients with the Windows version of the
server.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=                                     http://nyckelpiga.de/donate.html