Entry point *main* can't be found in cygpango-1.0-0.dll

richard.dje@free.fr richard.dje@free.fr
Tue Jul 6 17:15:00 GMT 2004

Selon "Gerrit P. Haase" <freeweb@nyckelpiga.de>:

> richard wrote:
>
> > Selon "Gerrit P. Haase" <freeweb@nyckelpiga.de>:

> atk
> >> and
> generated
> >> entry

> >> According to this output you have another version of pango
> installed
> >> in
> >> /usr/local/lib:
> >>   587k 2004/05/12
> >> D:\users\dje\cyginstall\usr\local\bin\cygpango-1.0-0.dll - os=4.0
> >> img=1.0 sys=4.0
> >>                   "cygpango-1.0-0.dll" v0.0 ts=2004/5/12 13:25
> >> /usr/lib:
> >>   187k 2004/06/30 D:\users\dje\cyginstall\bin\cygpango-1.0-0.dll
> -
> >> os=4.0 img=1.0 sys=4.0
> >>                   "cygpango-1.0-0.dll" v0.0 ts=2004/6/30 19:49
> >>
> >> Your PATH setting shows that /bin comes at first before
> >> /usr/local/bin:
> >> [...]
> >>         D:\users\dje\cyginstall\usr\local\bin
> >>
> >> But that doesn't mean that you have linked against the correct
> >> version
> >> of the import library.  Please try to remove pango from
> >> /usr/local/lib &
> >> /usr/local/bin and also the includes from
> >> /usr/local/include/pango-1.0
> >> and build VIM again (from scratch).
> > SHame on ME, i was the culprit. After i followed your advices by
> > removing *bin*, *lib* and *include* directories of the OLD version
> > of pango, the building of GVIM went FINE.
>
> > Now i have a *pretty nice* GVIM interface :), but there is another
>
> > issue. The problem is that now i am getting the following
> errors/warnings:
>
> > (gvim:852): GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: Error loading XPM image loader:
> Image
> > type 'xpm' is not supported
>
> There is a bug in the postinstall script in the gtk2-x11-2.4.3-1
> package.  Either wait for the 2.4.3-2 package or as a temporary fix
> run
> manually the following commands:
>
> mkdir -p /etc/gtk-2.0
> chmod 777 /etc/gtk-2.0
> /usr/bin/gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders.exe >
> /etc/gtk-2.0/gdk-pixbuf.loaders
> /usr/bin/gtk-query-immodules-2.0.exe > /etc/gtk-2.0/gtk.immodules

Now the launching of GVIM is Clean, no error, no warnings. Thanks.

> > I don't know if it is related or not but when i open a document,
> the
> > FONT with which that document is rendered is wierd. A consequence
> is
> > that, even with small font size GVIM's window span the whole
> screen.
> > It is not that cool to edit with such an effect (i am NOT
> complaining ;)
>
> What is in your /etc/pango/pango.modules file?
> Maybe it helps to run again:
>
> /usr/bin/pango-querymodules.exe > /etc/pango/pango.modules

After playing with the GVIM font setting (guifont), i looks like
previous errors/warnings were unrelated to the bad font effect i was
talking about.
It look like for 'good' editing one should use a font family of
*Luxi Mono* or *Monospace* with a size of 10, 11 or 12.
I know, I know, it is a matter of taste ;)

Thank you for all your feedback.

-Richard