Building DLL

Maarten Boekhold boekhold@emirates.net.ae
Wed Jul 7 16:04:00 GMT 2004

Hi all,

Now that GTK2 is in the package tree, I thought I'd give building XFCE a
try. This package depends on 'Disk based hashes' (dbh), which needs to
be built as a shared library. Dbh uses libtool in its build process.

Of course this complains with

	libtool: link: warning: undefined symbols not allowed in
	i686-pc-cygwin shared libraries

As far as I know, to get this to build I need to create a .def file, and
somehow include this in the libtool invocation.

Are there some general hints to determine which functions/symbols need
to be included in this .def file, and how to modify the libtool
invocation to use this file?

Kind regards,

Maarten