Wrapping long lines (Was Re: FAQ update suggestion for "I'm having basic problems with find. Why?")

Larry Hall cygwin-lh@cygwin.com
Mon Jul 12 01:24:00 GMT 2004

At 08:47 PM 7/11/2004, you wrote:
>> On Sat, Jul 10, 2004 at 09:54:05AM -0500, Eduardo Chappa wrote:
>> >That was CGF himself, he volunteered to not to volunteer. He brought
>> >this topic onto himself.
>>
>> This statement is disingenuous.  For shame.
>>

>Perhaps, perhaps not.  I'm still waiting for somebody, other than you
>Chris[1], to tell me who asked you to do anything about anything discussed
>here (prior to the replied-to post; I see there was a "deal" subsequently
>proposed that did in fact ask for some tit-for-tat action).
>
>[1] This exception is of course an attempt to help prevent this message from
>being misinterpreted as a demand for you to do anything.  It is not, and is
>not to be misconstrued as such.  Nor, in fact, is it to be construed as a
>demand for anybody else to do anything either.  One would hope this would be
>clear from the complete lack of demands or implications of demands contained
>herin, but when in Rome....
>
>Oh, and BTW, whatever anybody wants to convince themselves of, if you're
>pointing folks to Google to get info out of your archives (which contain
>their own seach feature), your archives are broken.  DISCLAIMER: That was
>the Royal "Your", not to be construed as "Chris' archives" etc.
>
>Remember, denial is stage one.

I'm not sure what you're looking to get from someone responding to your
inquiry but from my perspective, based on what you've said, this just
prolongs a thread that has drifted beyond the scope of the original
inquiry and no longer serves a constructive purpose.  If you can succinctly
point to one, then perhaps it's still worthwhile to continue this thread.
Otherwise, let's just let it die and move on.  I think all relevant points
have been made already.

Holliston, MA 01746