Problem while copying .EXE files

Mike Lerwill mlist@ml-solutions.co.uk
Mon Jul 12 11:00:00 GMT 2004

I have tracked this further and can now confirm that running the following
test case (trimmed down from what cp is actually doing) in a directory which
already contains a valid test.exe (copy of ls.exe) results in test.exe which
is a directory not a file.

#include <fcntl.h>
#include <unistd.h>

int main (int argc, char * argv[])
{
    int test_file;
    test_file = open ("test.exe",O_TRUNC | O_WRONLY);
    close (test_file);
    return 0;
}

I have attached the results of stracing this in case it helps.

Before running the test program
ls
	-rwxrwxrwx    1 Administ None        12248 Jul 12 11:56 test.exe
getfacl
	# file: test.exe
	# owner: Administrator
	# group: None
	user::rwx
	group::rwx
	mask:rwx
	other:rwx

after running the test program

ls
	drwxrwxrwx+   2 Administ None            0 Jul 12 11:57 test.exe
getfacl
	# file: test.exe
	# owner: Administrator
	# group: None