bad interpreter

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Fri Jul 16 19:42:00 GMT 2004

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004, David J Jones wrote:

> I do not know what I have setup incorrecty:
> Looking over the list I have learned and made sure both ash and bash are
> both in the /bin/ directory and seem to have been installed correctly.
>
> If I run a script with the initial heading of:
>
> #! /bin/bash
>
> I get this error:
>
> bash-2.05b$ ./Test
> bash: ./Test: /bin/bash: bad interpreter: No such file or directory
> bash-2.05b$
>
> If I change the initial heading in my script to this
>
> #! /cygwin/bin/bash
>
> It works.
>
> Can someone please tell me what I have set up incorrectly?
>
> Thank you, hopefully I have given enough examples this time and feel
> this is a specific question.

Please read and follow the Cygwin problem reporting guidelines at
<http://cygwin.com/problems.html>, in particular the part about attaching
(as an uncompressed text *attachment*) the output of "cygcheck -svr" on
your machine.

A WAG: sounds like your mounts are screwed up, but the output requested
above should show this.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/