Help. MySQL doesn't respond anymore. After I re-installed Cygwin

William Martell willmartell@yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 14:16:00 GMT 2004

Hello All,

Thank you for reading this email.

I am trying to figure this problem out, but I need some help.

I am working on a Windows 2000 Server.  I have used MySQL for the past 2 years on this system.

I recently installed the DEFAULT version of CYGWIN on my machine.

Everyone was wonderful and I was able to connect to mysql from the bash shell by typing mysql.  No problems at All.

I wanted to install ALL the packages available for CYGWIN so that I can start to learn the environment and tools.

After I installed all the packages under CYGWIN, I noticed that I am no longer able to type mysql at the bash
prompt and get access to mysql.

I changed directory into the mysql/bin directory and typed mysql and nothing happened.

I no longer can access mysql from the BASH prompt by typing mysql.

The funny thing is...

If I type a select statement with the -e flag at the bash prompt, MySQL responds with
rows.  So I know MySQL works and is there, but I can't connect interactively.

Could someone please help me with this. Does anyone know how I can troubleshoot either MySQL or Cygwin to see what the problem is...

Thanks In Advance.
William Martell
Dallas Texas