MapViewOfFileEx errors with cygwin1-20040716 snapshot

Igor Pechtchanski pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
Wed Jul 21 18:57:00 GMT 2004

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> On Jul 20 21:03, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> > > I tried to reproduce that problem with my shm test application which
> > > forks twice, but to no avail.
> > >
> > > A simple testcase(tm) would be helpful.
> > >
> > > Corinna
> >
> > Corinna,
> >
> > FWIW, I just saw this error for the first time with the above snapshot
> > (Win2k SP3).  The command that triggered it was a "cvs diff" run from vim
> > (":!cvs diff"), if it makes any difference.  No idea what caused it, since
>
> It makes a difference.  FWIW, Volker's message is printed from a function
> which only runs in case a process is using XSI shared memory and forks.
> cvs doesn't use XSI shared memory so the message you saw is very likely
> emitted by open_shared.

Actually, this is what's weird.  The messages from open_shared() and
fixup_shms_after_fork() are subtly different, and I don't recall the name
of the shared region (or, for that matter, anything in single quotes)
being printed, so I guess the message came from fixup_shms_after_fork().
I've since tried to reproduce it under strace, and failed.  The three
times I saw the message, one was from inside cvs.exe, and two were from
inside ssh.exe, if that helps any.  The next time I get this error, I'll
copy/paste the exact message and the exact sequence of actions that led to
it.  Please let me know what else I can do to help track this down.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu