MapViewOfFileEx errors with cygwin1-20040716 snapshot

Wed Jul 21 20:53:00 GMT 2004

On Jul 21 14:47, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > It makes a difference.  FWIW, Volker's message is printed from a function
> > which only runs in case a process is using XSI shared memory and forks.
> > cvs doesn't use XSI shared memory so the message you saw is very likely
> > emitted by open_shared.
>
> Actually, this is what's weird.  The messages from open_shared() and
> fixup_shms_after_fork() are subtly different, and I don't recall the name
> of the shared region (or, for that matter, anything in single quotes)
> being printed, so I guess the message came from fixup_shms_after_fork().
> I've since tried to reproduce it under strace, and failed.  The three
> times I saw the message, one was from inside cvs.exe, and two were from
> inside ssh.exe, if that helps any.  The next time I get this error, I'll

None of these apps use XSI shared memory.  In theory that only can happen
if sph_list is not all zero in a forked application.  But that should only
happen if the parent used XSI shared memory...

> copy/paste the exact message and the exact sequence of actions that led to
> it.  Please let me know what else I can do to help track this down.

Do you have Cygserver running?  If yes, does that also happen if it
doesn't run or CYGWIN != "server"?

Corinna

Cygwin Co-Project Leader          mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com
Red Hat, Inc.