To cygwin postgresql maintainer: tutorial RFC

Carlo Florendo list-subscriber@hq.astra.ph
Fri Jul 23 09:27:00 GMT 2004

Jason Tishler wrote:

>Carlo,
>
>On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 03:49:47PM +0800, Carlo Florendo wrote:
>

>>However, I would like to get some of your comments before I post about
>>its existence on some postgresql mailing lists.
>>

>Nice job.  I only have minor comments which are not very useful.
>However, I recommend contributing your documentation directly to
>PostgreSQL.  In this way, your tutorial will not become YA one.
>
>Maybe an "Installation on Cygwin" chapter like the following:
>
>    http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/install-win32.html
>
>would be a good approach.
>
>Jason

Oh!  Thank you very much.  I actually saw some typos and some phrases
which need to be
de-ambiguated.   I'll probably be able to do this after this weekend.
In any case, I'll try to propose the
doc to the PostgreSQL documentation/website maintainer after testing the
tutorial on the
different Windows platforms.

Thank you very much for PostgreSQL for Cygwin and for Cygwin too.  Great
software!

Best Regards,

Carlo Florendo y Flora
Astra Philippines Inc.