rsync hangs (v2.6.2-1 on both Cygwin and Fedora)

Thorsten Kampe thorsten@thorstenkampe.de
Sat Jul 24 16:29:00 GMT 2004

* Clif J. Smith (2004-07-24 07:48 +0200)
> I'm trying to rsync data from a WinXP system running Cygwin to a Fedora
> Core 2 system.  When running the following command from my Fedora
> system, it'll build a file list for a while, but never actually sync
> anything and complete:
> # /usr/bin/rsync -avvvv --delete --numeric-ids --rsh=/usr/bin/ssh \
> system@foo.bar.com:/cygdrive/d/directory/ /fs1/directory/
>
> It never hangs at the same spot.  I can rsync to other Linux and Solaris
> systems without issue.  I never see an error, it just hangs...
>
> Please help.

Personal Firewall running? Try the command from the Cygwin host and
see what happens. See that rsync is not aliased ("\rsync -vvv").
Install rsync as server and watch the log on the Cygwin side.