More: glitch with upgraded ImageMagick-6.0.3-1

Charles L. Werner cw@gamma-rs.ch
Tue Jul 27 18:42:00 GMT 2004

Here is what I found:

Additional information on the ImageMagick configuration is available in
/usr/share/doc/Imagemagick-6.0.3/QuickStart.txt

where the various configuration files go and what is required.

3 files located in /usr/share/doc/Imagemagick-6.0.3 directory (magic.mgk, log.mgk and coders.mgk)
have to be copied to /lib/ImageMagick-6.0.3/config to complete the installation.  The package or a local
environment variable has to be modified.

The following files are in /lib/ImageMagick-6.0.3/config:

coder.mgk
colors.mgk
configure.mgk
delegates.mgk
english.mgk
locale.mgk
log.mgk
magic.mgk
type.mgk
type-ghostscript.mgk
type-solaris.mgk
type-windows.mgk

When I copied over coder.mgk, a test case with a ps file
worked correctly using the cygwin version ghostscript as a delegate:

convert a.ps a.ps

The DVI case still failed with:

convert: unable to open module file `/usr/lib/ImageMagick-6.0.3/modules-Q16/coders/dvi.la'.

I have MiKTeX installed, and I also got messages telling me that dvips cannot open the PS file when
I enter:

display a.dvi

Most likely a problem is with interpretation of the file paths for input and/or output.

My suggestion is that you install the Cygwin TeX package as a step in being able to convert DVI files if you
have not done so.

Charles

--
Dr. Charles L. Werner