cygwin1.dll problem with Hyperthreaded machines (reprise)

Volker Bandke vbandke@bsp-gmbh.com
Fri Jul 30 19:24:00 GMT 2004

Larry,

this may be a language thing - English is not my native language) -
but the script I provided does show the stated behaviour -it provides
enough load in and of itself.   As I said, it sometimes fails after
50 or so iterations, sometimes after 15000, but it does fail - and
the machine is running no additional load  (of course, there is the
usual plethora of programs, like Firewall, Virus scanner, etc)  The
script is not run in a Cygwin box, but from windows using  bash
httest.bash

#!/bin/bash
declare -ix ITER;
while :; do
  `let ITER=0`
  mypwd=`pwd`
  if test -z "$mypwd"; then
     echo "Test failed, mypwd is empty"
     exit 1
  else
     ITER=ITER+1
     echo "Next iteration is $ITER"
  fi
done

 --
     With kind Regards            |\      _,,,---,,_

      Een schip op het strand is een baken in zee. [A ship on the
beach is a lighthouse to the sea.] - Dutch Proverb

        (Another Wisdom from my fortune cookie jar)