gcc Unicode and _WinMain@16

Clive Levinson clivel@bundu.com
Wed Jun 2 16:41:00 GMT 2004

At 22:46 01/06/2004 -0400, Larry Hall wrote:

>This is really a question for the MinGW list at mingw.org.  You're using
>the -mno-cygwin switch to gcc which means you're not using Cygwin.  By
>definition, this fact makes the question off-topic for this list.  If
>you google around a bit though, you'll probably find out why you get this
>problem.  Setting UNICODE changes the provided entry point to
>wWinMainCRTStartup.  You'll need to specify this entry point explicitly
>in your link line to get it to build properly.

Hi Larry,
Thanks for the reply, unfortunately -mno-cygwin seems to be a bit
of a step child, the MinGW group considers it a Cygwin topic, and the
Cygwin group considers it a MinGW topic.

I did spend a fair bit of time using google, before posting to the group,
unfortunately I was unable to find an answer, other than realising that I
would need to change the entry point. I have tried various entry points:
-e _wWinMainCRTStartup
-e wWinMainCRTStartup
-e WinMainCRTStartup
etc.
All of these give the error :  "cannot find entry symbol .." as well
as the undefined reference to `_WinMain@16' error.
Using
-e _WinMainCRTStartup
I don't get the "cannot find entry symbol ...", but still get the undefined
reference to _WinMain@16.
I have pretty much exhausted all the search terms I can think of in google,
so any help would be appreciated.
Regards,
Clive