scanf problem

Bill Priest bpriest@verizon.net
Thu Jun 10 08:24:00 GMT 2004

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 19:48:40 -0400 (EDT)
"Igor Pechtchanski" <pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu> wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, Bill Priest wrote:
>
> > CGF,
> >   I tracked down a syntax error I was seeing in antiword to be a problem
> > w/ sscanf.  I did search on the newlib site and found the following
> > email
> >
> > [pechtcha: Bug in scanf &Co (Was Re: Error message from antiword since
> > upgrade to cygwin 1.5.10)]
> >
> > I'm not subscribed to the newlib mailing list.
>
> If you searched the newlib archives, you should have seen the reply to
> this saying that a patch was committed.

The email subject I referenced contained the patch to newlib; I just
didn't know when it would get included in a snapshot.

> > Is this fixed in a snapshot and/or do you expect it to be fixed in a
> > subsequent release?
>
> AFAIK, Cygwin uses the newlib CVS HEAD, so the snapshot should have the
> fix.  FWIW, it works for me with a fresh Cygwin CVS build.

This is what I wanted to understand; whether the newest "newlib" was
usually used in the latest cygwin snapshot.  I couldn't recall seeing
this on the cygwin mailing list.

For the record the latest snapshot has it fixed.

> > BTW I tried downloading the source for cygwin-1.5.10-3 and
> > cygwin-1.5.9-1 showed up in /usr/src using ftp://mirrors.rcn.net and
> > ftp://sunsite.utk.edu

I'm a "digester" so I checked the web archive for comments on the
source being behind a version.  Anybody know what is going on here?

Bill
PS.  Thanks Igor for info on the "cygwin" build process.