Tivoli

Ronald van Gogh rogonl@hotmail.com
Thu Jun 10 21:11:00 GMT 2004

Probably it's been asked before, but I couldn't find it.
I'm running on a number of servers scripts with cygwin (version 2.0.5b),
which gather certain statistics on a application every 10 minutes. This
seemed to work fine.
Now I've noticed that these servers are going to be monitored with Tivoli
and I noticed that Tivoli copied also some old cygwin files (version 1.14.2)
to this server, although to a different directory.
Since then I experience once in a while some problems with some dll's and
executables.
Could this be related to the 2 versions of cygwin on the same machine ? How
can I avoid these problems ? If I remove the cygwin stuff from Tivoli,
apperently these don't support the installation anymore. If I remove my
stuff, I'll have to start working with an old release and I have to modify
the Tivoli installation process, since I need more files then Tivoli
installs by default.

Does anybody have experience with this ?

Kind regards,  Ronald van Gogh