installing cygwin on private lan
Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes
sthoenna@efn.org
Tue Jun 15 05:30:00 GMT 2004
On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 09:51:42PM -0700, Joshua Daniel Franklin wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 06:29:38 +0000, wrote:
> > So is there a Linux version of setup.exe and if not, how do I populate
> > the Linux filesystem from which the DOS box will install Cygwin?
>
> What you want is your own Cygwin package server, so that you can run
> setup.exe on your Windows (I assume that's what you really mean by
> DOS) machine:
>
> http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin-apps/package-server.html
>
> Note that setup.exe tries to "call home" to cygwin.com to get the
> latest setup.ini (or setup.bz2 actually), so I'd recommend setting
> your Windows box's /etc/hosts file to pretend your Linux box is
> cygwin.com.
Don't think so. It does get the mirrors list, but you can add to that.
--
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html
FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/
More information about the Cygwin
mailing list