Getting error "Mount Device busy" when running tests build with Cygwin

Johnny Willemsen jwillemsen@remedy.nl
Tue Jun 15 17:53:00 GMT 2004

Hi all,

I am working on the port of ACE/TAO to Cygwin (see www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt
for info ACE/TAO). In short ACE is a framework for developing portable C++
applications, TAO is a open source Corba implementation. The last months I
have improved Cygwin support step by step. For this, I run a daily build and
run all the ACE tests, the results are online visible at
http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~willemsenj/CygwinACE/. Just take a build and
look at the tests part.

Now my question, ACE can use process shared mutexes and shared memory. I
have not debugged it in complete detail, but I know Cygwin doesn't support
process shared mutexes, but the needed operations are there, so ACE calls
them. I would expect to get a not supported error or something like that,
but several tests output "Mount Device Busy". Anyone any idea why this is,
what does this error mean (the tests don't use mount at all).

Any hint would be helpfull.

Regards,

Johnny Willemsen
Remedy IT