THANKS for a fantastic product

Lex Ein lex_ein@f-m.fm
Thu Jun 17 09:08:00 GMT 2004

Guy Stalnaker wrote:
 > Figure cygwin developers rarely get kudos, but here's one!

Here's another:    (Imagine Michael Moore reading this aloud:)

I'm using Cygwin for remote sshd/vnc access to a four-armed
triple-jointed servopneumatic robotic system which could fatally stab or
crush someone if they were standing in the wrong place during a software
glitch.  It can also demolish the ceiling and rip itself up by the
anchor bolts.  When the lease is up, de-installation will be easy.

For safety we decided that a water-filled moat around the machine was
cheaper than fixing the software. Besides, the bug budget and insurance
carrier allow one catastrophic flail/kill failure every 4 years, and
we're only operating it for 3.

Count me one happy Cygwin user.

Next contract: medical monitoring devices.

Lex

(Relax folks, it's all true.)