is ms internet explorer 5 a spambot?

Jani tiainen redetin@luukku.com
Thu Jun 17 10:33:00 GMT 2004

MLJC wrote:

> You should, maybe, upgrade your Internet Explorer because the current
> version is Internet Explorer 6.
> Or you could use Netscape Navigator, or Mozilla.

NOTE: top posting is great thing... =)

Faulty detection of 'standard' browser as spambot is definitely 'bug' in
  web design.

Because it's just a application generated string that is sent to HTTP
server.

Shows up bad design - nothing more, nothing less.

But I strongly suggest using Mozilla Firefox with tab and mouse gesture
extensions (or Mozilla Suite if you prefer) instead of IE - you get much
more out of web browsing.. And more or less important point - it's open
source.

--

Jani Tiainen