Compiling DLLs to be used from native Win32 application

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Mon Jun 21 19:44:00 GMT 2004

Dave Korn schrieb:
>   Got any exciting new vuln reports coming up soon then?  Found a security
> hole or three in cygwin?

I guess that he just wants to add this proxy being loaded dynamically:

http://www.security.nnov.ru/soft/3proxy/howtoe.asp#GCCWIN

 > # How to compile 3proxy with GCC under Windows
 >
 > Extract source files from 3proxy.tgz (for example with tar -xzf
 > 3proxy.tgz command if you have tar installed) Use make -f
Makefile.win > command. If you want to use POSIX emulation Cygwin
library (normally
 > you shouldn't) - use make -f Makefile.unix instead. Windows specific
 > things (like installing as service) will not be available if compiled
 > with Cygwin emulation.

Reading this I spotted a false information. It is possible to run it as
service: via cygrunsrv.
$ less /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/cygrunsrv.README
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/