cygwin 1.5.10: Possible bug

Shankar Unni shankarunni@netscape.net
Tue Jun 22 17:11:00 GMT 2004

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> So, if anyone is under the impression that this is just a
> lack of time, that is not the case, at least for me, and, I suspect that
> Corinna is in the same boat.

Agreed. This is basically a special-purpose issue, so the onus is on us
to figure out what can be done.

The times it has come up to bite the average user are few and far in
between. In particular, the tcl/tk fiasco is the only one that has
bitten a significant number of people, and mostly because the Cygwin tcl
package doesn't follow the Cygwin convention of prefixing the DLL names
with "cyg" (i.e. instead of "cygtcl84.dll", it's just "tcl84.dll", and
it ends up getting picked up by programs that try to dynamically load a
TCL scripting engine).

So anyway, to cut a long story short, I agree with cgf :-).