Still no working ssh

Chris Taylor chris@equate.dyndns.org
Wed Jun 23 18:19:00 GMT 2004

On Wed, June 23, 2004 12:01 pm, prosolutions said:
> So wrote Chris Taylor on Wednesday, the 23. June 2004:
>
>> Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 11:32:44 +0100 (BST)
>> From: Chris Taylor <address-deleted>

Please, please _please_ read and follow what is said here:
http://www.cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR

Can we not feed the spammers?

>> On Wed, June 23, 2004 11:18 am, prosolutions said:
>>

>>> Yes, here is the original post including logs of three different
>>> sessions:  http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-06/msg00370.html
>>>

>> Again, in regards to the followup Igor posted, I'm going to ask you to
>> try this:
>>
>> chown SYSTEM:SYSTEM /etc/ssh_host_* chmod go-wrx /etc/ssh_host_*
>>

>> If you have set up a root user and group, it might be better to chown
>> SYSTEM:root
>>

> chown and chmod are not working at all on this system

Can you attach the output of cygcheck -svr > cygcheck.out as described in http://cygwin.com/problems.html , and also tell us which Windows you are using?
If it's NT-based (NT, 2k, XP and 2k3), the filesystem would also be useful.

Chris

NB: I am on the list, so no need to CC me in on replies (cgf ;)

--
When the universe ends, the Restaurant will bring it back.