OT: Re: Unzip problem?

Arturus Magi sailorleo@hotpop.com
Fri Jun 25 05:48:00 GMT 2004

Marko Bozikovic wrote:

> I have a problem with unzip when unzipping this file:
> http://www.t-o-m-e.net/dl/win/tome-227-win.zip
>
> There are no errors reported, but unzipped .FON files (in
> lib\xtra\font dir) are corrupt. When I unzip the file with Winzip,
> those files are ok.

This is not a Cygwin problem, it's a WinNT problem.  If the fonts don't
have execute permissions for the user trying to invoke them, they can't
be dynamically loaded, and zip doesn't store permissions (and the
originals were POSIX files anyway, so the 'correct' permissions were
never there in the first place).