sysvinit

Gordon Cichon cichon@radionetworkprocessor.com
Mon Jun 28 07:15:00 GMT 2004

Hi all,

I'm still trying to get xinetd to run from cygwin. I installed
everything according to the instructions. However, init does not make
any visible attempt to start xinetd. I can start it by hand using the
init script. telinit does not do anything, and starting the
Windows-service does not do anything either.

What is going wrong? How can I trace what init is doing? Additionally,
there seems to be something strange with the user-mapping between
Windows and Cygwin. The Windows service starts as user "NetworkService"
which does not seem to have an entry in /etc/passwd.

Best Regards,
Gordon.