[ANNOUNCEMENT] New package: setsid-0.0-3

Gregory Borota cygwin@sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 5 10:19:00 GMT 2004

Corinna wrote on 3/4/2004 8:07 AM:

> On Mar  3 16:44, Gregory Borota wrote:
>
>>(I don't see the point for having stderr and stdout redirected also. (for
>>symmetry maybe))
>

> In theory, redirecting all descriptors attached to the console window
> should allow to close the console window since when the last open
> handle is closed, Cygwin calls FreeConsole().  It's just that I don't
> know currently why it doesn't close the console.
>
> Corinna

If setsid is run inside a Windows console it works as described in the
readme file. But when run from a cygwin console it won't let you close
the console window only after the command has finished. This behavior is
under my XP Prof.

Greg